Sunday, May 19, 2013












May 19, 2013   

Today's Photograph . . . . As Christians We Are To Walk In The Spirit and Follow His Leading Whether It's Into Comfortable Circumstances Or Not    (MQ)
Bible Study Verse
Acts 20:22-24 
"And now, compelled by the Spirit, I am going to Jerusalem, not knowing what will happen to me there. I only know that in every city the Holy Spirit warns me that prison and hardships are facing me. However, I consider my life worth nothing to me, if only I may finish the race and complete the task the Lord Jesus has given me-the task of testifying to the gospel of God's grace." (NIV)
Thoughts
I was tooling around northern AZ looking at a commercial cattle ranch. It's one of the perks of what I do for a living. I am a real estate broker and appraiser here in AZ and specialize in farm and ranch properties. 

Yesterday I was looking at the ranch property for an appraisal and got to spend the entire day in the outdoors and was getting paid for it, or at least I will when I complete the assignment! We saw a few deer and some really beautiful elk, deer, and turkey country. It was a good day for me. It makes up for all the days I'm stuck in front of my computer researching properties and comparable sale information.
Just before dark a summer thunderstorm formed and I could see rain in the distance. Now, here in AZ the cowboys have a saying, "Never turn down a rain or a free calf." We always need rain. We live in an arid area where some places only get a few inches of precipitation annually. So, it was good to see the rain. Except, this rain wasn't hitting the ground. It's what we call virga. It seems that the air is so dry that before this rain can fall and bring its life giving moisture to the plants, it evaporates and goes into the air, not doing anything for the parched earth, not completing its job, so to speak. 
(Cliff S)
Action Point
As Christians we are to walk in the Spirit and follow His leading whether it's into comfortable circumstances or not. The Spirit may be telling us to share our faith with a neighbor, a business associate, or the checker at the local grocery store. We may be called to preach a sermon in a rescue mission. We might be told to sell all we have and go to a far away land where we can minister to a tribe of people that have never heard God's word in their language. We might be blessed to have a comfortable home or a rustic bark hut. Either way, if we're following the Spirit's leading and doing the job He's given us, it will be the best place in the world for us! 

Wherever you are called, in a local church, a business, or a group of some sort, do this: complete the work God has given you to do. That's what Jesus said that He did in John 17:4, and by so doing He brought glory to the Father and set the example for us. 

So, finish your race, complete your job, and testify to the gospel of God's grace wherever you're called!

Sportsmen's Tip of the Day
When you've killed your animal, you're just getting started. Now you have to take care of the carcass so it will be fit for the table. You have to field dress and properly store the carcass. Remember, three things will cause the meat to spoil: heat, dirt, and moisture. So, keep the carcass cool, clean, and dry. The meat from most wild animals is exceptionally high in protein and low in fat. Make sure it is good to eat by finishing the job of properly field dressing your animal and caring for the meat.