Thursday, May 9, 2013












May 4, 2013  

Today's Photograph . . . . He Who Has Ears To Hear, Let Him Hear (NWS)
Bible Study Verses
Matthew 11:15
He who has ears to hear, let him hear! (NKJV)

Matthew 13:9
"He who has ears to hear, let him hear!" (NKJV)

Mark 7:14 and 16
When He had called all the multitude to Himself, He said to them, "Hear Me, everyone, and understand:  "If anyone has ears to hear, let him hear!" (NKJV)

Luke 8:8
"But others fell on good ground, sprang up, and yielded a crop a hundredfold." When He had said these things He cried, "He who has ears to hear, let him hear!" (NKJV)

Thoughts
Hearing must be important! Jesus stresses the point four times in three different gospels. I can tell you how important it is. A few years ago while hunting with my son in the Kofa Mountains of Arizona, I was almost struck by a rattlesnake that I could not hear. My son heard it and pulled me out of its path just as it struck.

Years of skeet shooting, rifle and pistol practice, without proper ear protection have left me with a hearing impairment. Just this year, I purchased a pair of "pro-ears" to wear while hunting so I can hear and, also, protect what hearing remains.

In these verses, Jesus was emphasizing the point to his disciples--Hear what I am saying! He was not talking about hearing protection, but rather was teaching them to hear the Word of God.
(Byron S)

Action Point
God speaks to us now, just as He spoke to His disciples. He speaks through His Word, our Bible.

Spend time daily reading His word, and you will hear His voice, if you listen quietly. Take time to pause and reflect on what you read.

How do His words fit into your life; what do they say? After all, He made the point four different times, so it must be important to Him.

Sportsmen's Tip of the Day
Find the best hearing protection you can for your children and grandchildren. Their hearing is too important to ignore.