Thursday, May 23, 2013












May 23, 2013   

Today's Photograph . . . .Our Faith In Him Will Be Stronger As We Trust Him More  (Jimmy S)  
Bible Study Verse
I John 5:4
For whatever is born of God overcomes the world. And this is the victory that has overcome the world-our faith. (NKJV)

Thoughts
Our faith in something grows stronger when we use and maintain that something in which we trust. 

For example, when I am hunting, I have a stronger faith in my rifle or bow and in my ability to use it effectively if I practice with it, keep it clean and maintain it. If I just take it out of the closet, blow the dust off and go, I probably won't have much faith that I am going to have a successful hunt.
(Jimmy S)

Action Point
This same principle applies to our faith in God. If we don't maintain and practice our faith by reading the Word, keeping a strong prayer life, and then obeying what He has revealed to us in prayer, we will fail at overcoming the trials of the world because our faith is weak.
Make it a habit to take time each day to be in the Word and in prayer with the Lord. We can pray when we're driving to work or taking a walk. God will bless us for our diligence and commitment to Him in these things. He promises us that. Our faith in Him will be stronger as we trust Him more.
 
Sportsmen's Tip of the Day
Part of making plans for an upcoming hunt should include maintaining your firearm or bow. Check it for loose parts, keep it clean, and make sure it shoots straight. A good way to prevent screws from coming loose on a bow is to coat the threads with Threadlocker or Lock Tight from the blue bottle.