Tuesday, July 16, 2013











July 16, 2013   

Today's Photograph . . . . Be Still, and Know That I Am God   (MQ)
Bible Study Verse
Psalm 46:10
Be still, and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth!  (NKJV)

Thoughts
The other night I was feeling rather irritable. The TV was blaring; my son was jumping around the room, and being very noisy. Realizing the state I was in, I decided to step outside before I got so annoyed that I did something I would regret. 

I stepped out into the darkness and sat down. It was peaceful and still. Soon, deer came up to drink at the watering hole. My spirit was calmed. This situation reminds me of King Saul, who called for David to play the harp for him to calm his spirit. (1 Samuel 16:23
(Chris Q)
Action Point
We need to recognize when we are not walking in the Spirit and take the appropriate action. "But I say, walk by the Spirit, and you will not carry out the desire of the flesh," Galatians 5:16 (NASB)
Sportsmen's Tip of the Day
Taking youngsters into the field for a still hunt can be challenging at best. Realize that your goal is for them to acquire a desire to participate in your sport. Take along something that can QUIETLY occupy them in the blind. Make the first few jaunts short, and point out anything that moves. If just watching a squirrel or armadillo can entertain them, imagine their delight to catch even a distant glimpse of a deer or turkey. And don't get mad if they scare game away in their excitement!