Sunday, July 28, 2013






















July 24, 2013   

Today's Photograph . . . . Best Of All, He Knows What We Can Handle  (Brett M) 

Bible Study Verse
I Thessalonians 5:16-18
Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, in everything give thanks; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.  (NKJV)

Thoughts
"If one perceives each day of existence, labor, and basic provisions as a gift from God, and accepts whatever God gives, then that person lives an abundant life." (Author unknown, assumed to be King Solomon, son of David). 

God is so good. He gives us what we need to live an abundant life every day. Whether we are at work or sitting quietly waiting on game, we should enjoy the things God has provided. My wife and I have a favorite place to go to fish. Even if we do not catch a single fish, it is so peaceful and refreshing to sit in the boat and reflect on how God has blessed our lives. 

I have always found that it is so much better to enjoy the simple pleasures of this life than to fret over the things we don't have. 
(Chris Q)
Action Point
God tells us to pray every day--about the things:
  • That we need. 
  • Our concerns.
  • That we want.
  • What we think we want.
God will always answer our prayers. His answer:
  • Maybe. 
  • Yes. 
  • No. 
  • Wait. 
He knows what is best for us and He knows what we need; best of all, He knows what we can handle. 

Accept His answer with thanksgiving. "Remove falsehood and lies far from me; Give me neither poverty nor riches - Feed me with the food allotted to me; lest I be full and deny You, and say, "Who is the Lord?" Or lest I be poor and steal, and profane the name of my God," Proverbs 30:8-9 (NKJV).

Sportsmen's Tip of the Day
Do not forget your camera on your hunting and fishing trips because what you take home for the day may not be the quarry you intended, but the picture that God painted.