Sunday, July 28, 2013












July 25, 2013   

Today's Photograph . . . . If Not, Ask God To Change You To Be More Like Him  (NPS)
Bible Study Verse
II Corinthians 3:18
And we all, who with unveiled faces contemplate the Lord's glory, are being transformed into His image with ever-increasing glory, which comes from the Lord, Who is the Spirit.  (NIV)

Thoughts
Have you ever watched the same deer or elk for a few years? Each year, he takes on more and more of the likeness of his father, the old buck or bull. 

The same is true with our kids. Has anybody looked at you and your children and stated that it's easy to see that they're your son or daughter? How do they know? Because the kids look and act like you! 

If someone tells my son, "You're just like your father," I hope my son takes it as a compliment, stands a little taller and says, "Thanks." Likewise, I hope the people around me will look at me and say, "You're a lot like your Father (God)." If they do, it means that God has been at work in my life doing His transformation thing--making me more like Him, a reflection of Himself. I can't do it on my own; it has to come from His Spirit working within me. He has to do the work. I simply have to let Him. 
(Cliff S)
Action Point
If you look in a mirror, do you like what you see? If not, you can change your hairstyle, maybe some facial features, or maybe the style of your clothes. If you look in the mirror of God's Word, do you like what you see? If not, ask God to change you to be more like Him. He'll do it if you ask.
Sportsmen's Tip of the Day
When you're getting camouflaged up for a hunt, don't forget the gloves and facemask. Have someone take a photo of you in the brush in camouflage without them; then you'll want to add them to the list to finish the job of "disappearing" into the woods.