Wednesday, July 10, 2013


















July 9, 2013   

Today's Photograph . . . . Build More Dams, Use Your Words To Encourage Those Around You And To Build Them Up  (NPS)
Bible Study Verse
Proverbs 17:14
The beginning of strife is like releasing water; therefore stop contention before a quarrel starts.  (NKJV)

Thoughts
We all have angry thoughts that sometimes turn into angry words. For me, they usually have been with my wife, or with the man I for whom I have just written a ticket. 

Over time, I have learned that it is best not to respond to my wife with angry words; although at times, I still do. Boy, when I do, the dam bursts, and it floods for quite awhile. 

With regard to the wildlife violations, I no longer respond to the guy who took over his limit of fish and is now mad, because he got caught. Through the years, before I learned this lesson, my response got me a few complaints. So, no more "dam breaching" here. Now, if the situation gets too bad, I just take him to jail. 

Maybe you have just blown up your dam to a good fishing hole (at home or work). The good news is-- dams can be rebuilt over time, with hard work. 
(MQ)
Action Point
Instead of breaching (blowing up) your dams, why not consider this: try building more dams. By that, I mean, use your words to encourage those around you and to build them up. 

God's simple advice is good here--just "stop the conflict." Matters may not be dropped on the part of the other person in the situation; but they can be in your words.
Sportsmen's Tip of the Day
Due to the terrorist age in which we live, be diligent; help law enforcement watch over the dams near you. Report suspicious activity.