Friday, February 14, 2014













February 10, 2014   

Today's Photograph . . . . Coues Whitetail Buck (Jimmy S)
Bible Study Verse
Proverbs 19:16
He who keeps the commandment keeps his soul, but he who is careless of his ways will die. (NKJV)
 
Thoughts
While archery elk hunting this morning, I came upon one of the biggest Coues whitetail buck I've ever seen, drinking at a spring. This "grey ghost", as they're often referred to, looked up at me from his drink, oddly went back to drinking, and allowed me to get a full view of his awesome rack. Normally, they seem to fade into their surroundings without hesitation. 

This wise ole' buck must have somehow known I couldn't take a shot at him, for it wasn't deer season, yet. They don't get that big being careless in their ways. 

I sat amazed in the moment at this fine creature God gave me the opportunity to enjoy this morning. Then I thanked Him for that very rare moment which made my morning, because I may not have an opportunity like that again for a long time. 
(Jimmy S)

Action Point
An easy way to guard your soul against destruction is to keep His commandments: 
  • Memorize them. 
  • Meditate on them.
Keep them written in a place where you can often read them.

Sportsmen's Tip of the Day
When hunting for Coues whitetail remember, they are habitual animals with a small home range. If you see a nice buck before the season, he probably won't be far from that same spot once the season starts.