Friday, February 14, 2014













February 5, 2014   

Today's Photograph . . . . Be Still and Know That I Am God  (MQ)
Bible Study Verse
Psalm 46:10
Be still, and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth! (NKJV)
 
Thoughts
I was sitting quietly in my tree stand as the light rain began to fall. The gentle tapping on the leaves was relaxing. The fact that I had already taken a nice 10 point the previous day added to the relaxation that I was enjoying. I sat there just talking to God quietly, watching deer, and listening to the gentle rain for the entire afternoon. 
 
As dark began to fall I mumbled softly to myself, "Why can't this relaxed feeling continue on and on? Why do I feel so much closer to God out here in the woods?" 
(Brian H)

Action Point
The answer to my question is this: I feel closer to God out in the woods because I'm being still and quiet. That's it! When I'm at home or at work, I have the television blaring or the radio on or people chatting nearby. The fact is that we have made our world very complicated and noisy. 
 
Only when we get out by ourselves, get quiet, and become still are we able to just sit and know that He is God: 
  • Try scheduling some time to yourself whether it's out hunting or just sitting on the porch with a cup of coffee. 
  • Get rid of the distractions for a little while. 
  • Take some time to be still and remember that our God, He is truly God.  
Sportsmen's Tip of the Day
Here's a twist on deer steaks. Roll a small chunk of cheddar cheese and a jalapeno slice inside a butterfly cut steak and toothpick together with bacon wrapped around the outside. Cook slowly on the charcoal pit until the bacon is done. Delicious!