Friday, February 14, 2014












February 6, 2014   

Today's Photograph . . . . Ground Hornet (Byron S)
Bible Study Verse
I Corinthians 6:18
Flee from sexual immorality. All other sins a person commits are outside the body, but whoever sins sexually, sins against their own body. (NIV)
 
Thoughts
Flee, get out of there! Run! My wife hollered at me as the hornets swarmed up out of the ground. 
 
We were out on a ride, enjoying the beautiful fall colors on a back country trail when her horse stepped too close to a nest of hornets. 
 
I was behind and even though I saw them beginning to swarm I was unable to get Tuni to move as fast as I would like. We had a rodeo for a few moments but I managed to hang on for the 8 seconds and finally got away, unscathed, and neither of us stung. 
(Byron S)

Action Point
Sin, like hornets can swarm up suddenly and overwhelm us. It is surprising how quickly desire can turn to sin. 
 
Jesus knows that and tells us "Flee," "Run," "Don't Tarry," but get away from there as quickly as you can. 
 
When the desire strikes, stop, voice a short quick prayer, and ask Him to intervene. "Dear Lord, I need help right now, I am too weak to stand up to the Devil. I ask you to stand between me and him and drive these thoughts from my mind." 
 
It is amazing how this will help you flee the situation and move on to something more productive.

Sportsmen's Tip of the Day
We love to ride in the fall, but have to stay on guard in our country for ground hornets, also called meat bees. They have a nasty temperament this time of year. Carry a small bottle of ammonia in your first aid kit. This works very well on stings to relieve the pain. If you are allergic to bee stings, be sure you have your sting kit along and be sure it's not outdated.