Friday, February 14, 2014













February 12, 2014   

Today's Photograph . . . . As Long As The Lens Is "Clean" We Can See Quite Clearly To Walk Along Life's Path  (Cliff S) 
Bible Study Verse
I John 1:5-9
This is the message which we have heard from Him and declare to you, that God is light and in Him is no darkness at all. If we say that we have fellowship with Him, and walk in darkness, we lie and do not practice the truth. But if we walk in the light as He is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus Christ His Son cleanses us from all sin. If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us. If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. (NKJV)
 
Thoughts
At sunset we watched as the elk headed up to the top of a steep, dark timbered knoll. Before sunrise we were stragically at the base of the hill. We had planned to meet up on the other side of the mountain and at sunup hunt for the herd which included a nice promising bull.

My experienced trail horse had little difficulty making it to the top while my partner was circling around the mountain. It was still dark as the horse and I eased slowly into the trees and came to a stop. I recall smelling the elk at the same time the lead cow barked the alarm.

The entire herd of elk jumped and ran all at once! I had walked right into the bedded down herd. My horse spooked violently when the elk stood up and took off running; I went flying off the saddle, but fortunately held on to the reins.

After a few excited seconds of calming and soothing my horse and I trying to catch my breath, I took stock of what happened. I indeed was blessed. Neither my horse nor myself were hurt. Just both of us startled out of our wits.
(Marshall M)

Action Point
The dark is a scary place when you are not right with God. Our relationship with Christ is like having a really good flashlight, lantern, or spotlight. As long as the lens is "clean", we can see quite clearly to walk along life's path.

However as we put sin between the Lord and us, the lens of that light gets "dirty" and we are soon in total darkness. Take the time today to talk with God, get your life lens clean, and make sure you're living in the light.

Sportsmen's Tip of the Day
Always carry spare batteries for your flashlight. The light is more than a comfort; it literally can be a life saver in many situations. If possible buy all your hunting accessories, camera, flashlight, GPS, and rangefinder requiring the same size batteries.