Friday, February 14, 2014













February 7, 2014   

Today's Photograph . . . . 
Bible Study Verses
Psalm 95:6-7 
Oh come, let us worship and bow down; let us kneel before the Lord our Maker. For He is our God, and we are the people of His pasture, and the sheep of His hand. (NKJV)
 
Thoughts
I recall fond memories when I hunted whitetail in Minnesota. Vivid were those crisp, cold opening day mornings waiting for that first light on the eastern horizon. Due to the dense brush, my first indication of wildlife was not visible, but the sound of the crunching snow or the dry fallen leaves of fall. 
 
Excitement increased with the anticipation of the approaching deer coming my way. Often times it was a grey squirrel scurrying from tree to tree, once it was a pine martin looking for a small rodent around the dead falls, and another time it was a ruffed grouse walking down a deer trail with a coyote tracking 30 feet behind. 
 
My fondest memory was a very still morning when I heard the periodic footsteps of what seemed to be a deer. He chose the deer trail I was on and finally came into view. My heart was pounding! I shot my 30-30 and bagged my first whitetail buck. 
(Tom L)

Action Point
Just as listening to the sounds of wildlife is important to having success in hunting; listening to God during meditation enables us to experience a personal relationship with God. 
 
In the book, How To Develop a Powerful Prayer Life, Dr. Frizzell says, "I even go so far to say that listening to God is the fundamental key to an effective prayer life. Prayer is our discovering what God wants to do and joining him as co-laborers though our prayers. Through meditating you learn to hear God's leading and thus your prayers initiate from His heart and mind."

Sportsmen's Tip of the Day
When the snow or leaves are crunchy, allow yourself extra time to get to your stand. Always travel in the dark walking slowly and carefully.