Friday, February 28, 2014

























February 26, 2013   

Today's Photograph . . . . The Results Are Men Learn How To Share The Gospel With Others And Become Fishers Of Men  (Fred B) 
Bible Study Verses
Matthew 4:18-21
And Jesus, walking by the Sea of Galilee, saw two brothers, Simon called Peter, and Andrew his brother, casting a net into the sea; for they were fishermen. Then He said to them, "Follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men."  They immediately left their nets and followed Him.
Going on from there, He saw two other brothers, James the son of Zebedee, and John his brother, in the boat with Zebedee their father, mending their nets. He called them.
  
Thoughts
Jesus walked where the fishermen were, by the sea, to find men that He could teach to fish--Andrew, Peter, James and John. Literally, His call was to Follow Me (walk the same road, walk alongside, fellowship with me) and I will make you to become fishers of men. 

Jesus knew that it was a process, that only could be learned by:
  • Walking closely with Him.
  • Watching Him. 
  • Imitating Him. 
  • Being His friend. 
  • Obeying Him 
(Fred B)
Action Point
At my Dad's graveside in 1999, his pastor Glen, now one of my best friends, told me how much he'd miss my father. Then he added, I had asked him to teach me how to fish for trout, but now he's gone. Guess I'll never learn. Glen lived in eastern WV, prime trout country, including Eastern Brook Trout. But, he didn't know how to fish for trout.

Being Dad's star pupil for all these years, I offered to teach Glen, if he would like me to. And I made him this promise: Dad was the best trout fisherman I know. And now that he's gone, that leaves me as #1. I'll teach you. But, you've got to do exactly as I do. I'll show you, tell you the gear and equipment to use, and take you where the trout are. If you follow my directions, you WILL catch trout. 

He replied with a promise that he would follow all of my directions.

We both kept our promise! I taught him, and he learned (see above)! Now sometimes he beats me. Of course you know that we men compete, right?! 

Well, Jesus keeps all His promises too. The results are that men learn how to share the Gospel with others, and become fishers of men.
Sportsmen's Tip of the Day
Teach a child how to fish or hunt, along with their Dad. That way, the father and child will be able to spend quality time together in the woods or along the stream. Teach fishing and hunting to adults too. But don't waste your time on someone who thinks they know how, and won't follow your lead.