Monday, February 3, 2014













February 2, 2014   

Today's Photograph . . . .  Sonoran Desert (MQ)
Bible Study Verse
Psalm 42:1
As the deer pants for the water brooks, so my soul pants for You, O God. (NASB)
 
Thoughts
As a teenager I stayed hunting in the field much longer than planned. I had walked a lot further in the Sonoran desert than I had wanted to. I got so dehydrated that my legs started to cramp and my tongue was literally sticking to the roof of my mouth. 
 
Finally, I came across a small barrel cactus and plunged my knife in again and again. For two hours I sat sucking moisture from cactus sections. It was God's provision for a thirsty, foolish body. 
(Randy E)

Action Point
There have been times in my walk with the Lord, I have become spiritually dry and very weak. Always I have wandered further away than I ever intended to go and have stayed longer than I realized. 
 
Finally, "dry, thirsty, and very weak," I cried out to the Lord for relief. He quenched my thirst with Himself. He is the only provision for a dry and foolish soul or for a quenched and wise soul!

Sportsmen's Tip of the Day
Always carry more water than you "think" you will need! Try the hydrators that ride on your back with a tube and a mouthpiece for hands free use.