Tuesday, September 6, 2011












A Daily Study of God's Word for Christian Sportsmen September 6, 2011

Today's Photograph . . . .
There Is A Day Coming When The World As We Know It Will Be Gone (MQ) 
Bible Study Verses  Mark 13:26-33
"At that time people will see the Son of Man coming in clouds with great power and glory. And He will send His angels and gather His elect from the four winds, from the ends of the earth to the ends of the heavens. Now learn this lesson from the fig tree: As soon as its twigs get tender and its leaves come out, you know that summer is near. Even so, when you see these things happening, you know that it is near, right at the door. Truly I tell you, this generation will certainly not pass away until all these things have happened. Heaven and earth will pass away, but My words will never pass away. But about that day or hour no one knows, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father. Be on guard! Be alert! You do not know when that time will come." (NIV)

Thoughts
During the survival portion of Hunter Education classes I usually grab my pack and show the class what I carry when I'm in the field. You know, the emergency survival stuff you mostly hope you will never have to use, things like water proof matches, a signaling mirror, a first aid kit, and other items needed to survive in an emergency.

However, there are some items in my pack that are meant to be used during the average day in the field. Water, food, flashlights, and mountain money are examples. When I take the granola bars out of my pack to show the class, I always make the point that the expiration date shouldn't really be five to six years prior to the current date. Some of those things do have a shelf life whether I want to admit it or not! I should probably go through that pack a little more often, don't you think?
(Cliff S)

Action Point
"Heaven and earth will pass away, but my words will never pass away." As I read that verse, it becomes clear to me that this earth has an expiration date, or as some would say, a shelf life.

Revelation 21 also makes it very clear that the old earth will "pass away" and the earth will be made new. So, whether we like it or not, this sphere we are travelling on is going to wear out. Now, I'm not suggesting that we should behave irresponsibly toward the environment, but we need to accept the Bible's statement that there is a day coming when the world as we know it will be gone. That is OK with me because, again, as Revelation 21 indicates, the new earth is going to be made perfect for the habitation of God and man, just as Eden was prior to the fall of Adam and Eve, and it will never "wear out" again.

I don't know about you, but, because of my faith in Jesus Christ, I look forward to and even long for that day. I hope you'll be there with me. If you believe in and have faith in Jesus, you will be!!!

Sportsmen's Tip of the Day
Do an inventory of the items in your pack every time you go to the outdoors.  Replace anything you have used and replace anything that is old and out-of-date (food and batteries).