Friday, November 11, 2011












November 11, 2011   

Today's Photograph . . . Military On Piestewa Peak, Formerly Know As Squaw Peak, Arizona
(Cliff S) 

Veterans    Day,    Honoring    Each    and    Every    Woman    or    Man    Who    Served    or    Is    Serving    in    Our    Military.    Thank    You    and    GOD    Bless    You!!! 
 
Bible Study Verse
Nehemiah 4:20
Wherever you hear the trumpet sound, rally to us there. Our God will fight for us. (HCSB)

Thoughts
This verse reminds me: I don't have to fight my spiritual battles alone; I am to listen for the battle call; join my fellow soldiers for Christ; and that God, Himself, will fight for me!

As I think about what Veterans Day means to all of us, I recognize that I have not had to fight for the freedoms that I enjoy in this country. Each of us has had a family member or friend who has fought or died, or is fighting for our freedoms. Wherever the trumpet calls, the fighting men and women of this country will gather to fight freedom's battles for us--to protect us from those who would take away our freedom.

In the favorite song by a group named Avalon, entitled, "For Freedom." One of the verses tells of thunder in the valley, artillery, and a soldier being wounded. As he dies, he reminds us that, if it is for freedom that he has fought, it is for freedom that he has said, "Goodbye". As I type this, just as my eyes filled with tears while listening to the song, they are filled with tears now as I think of what these brave warriors have done for us, what they have done for me. All I can say is, "THANK YOU, AMERICAN SOLDIERS! I WANT YOU TO KNOW THAT YOU ARE LOVED AND APPRECIATED!!!"

Action Point
When you see someone in the uniform of this country, stop and thank him or her for what they are doing for us. This would also include police and fire fighters. Tell them that they are important, and that you pray for them daily. Then, pray!!!

Sportsmen's Tip of the Day
Never take your hunting and fishing privileges for granted. Never take for granted your right to own a firearm. There are those who would take away these freedoms. The next time the polls are open, do the one thing we can all do--vote for those individuals who take seriously their oath to defend the Constitution of this great country!