Sunday, November 27, 2011












November 27, 2011  

Today's Photograph . . . . In The Language Of The Aztecs Mazatzal Means "An Area Inhabited By Deer"(MQ)
Bible Study Verse
Psalm 63:1
You, God, are my God, earnestly I seek You; I thirst for You, my whole being longs for You, in a dry and parched land where there is no water. (NIV)

Thoughts
This pack trip was to be a sightseeing trip into the Mazatzal wilderness of Arizona. A couple of years earlier, my son and I had packed in on a deer hunt. I was so impressed with the area that I wanted my wife to see it--lots of game and some very interesting Indian ruins.

Somewhere on the trail in, I took a wrong turn. In the process of finding the trail again, I ran out of water. It was hot for October and I was nervous and uncomfortable. I remember praying for help in finding the trail so I could get my wife to the safety of our destination, a place called Brush Corral.
(Byron S)

Action Point
It must have been dry there in the Judah wilderness when David wrote this Psalm--dry, lonely, and uncomfortable after being hunted by his enemies. Yet, David sought God's face and lifted praise to Him for keeping him safe. His words show total trust in God, with the knowledge that God is sovereign.

There is so much comfort and wisdom in the Psalms. They provide us understanding that others have walked our walk many times over with faith and trust in God, Who helped them through.

Today, we might be dry and thirsty, but by continuing to seek God, tomorrow we will look back and see how He provided for us and cared for us when times were rough. Always remember, as David did, to praise and give thanks even when you think you are alone and times are bad. God truly wants to hear from us all the time!!!

Sportsmen's Tip of the Day
Always be sure to pack in more than enough water. Stress can really make you thirsty. Camelback water packs are a good choice. They carry more water than a canteen and distribute the weight well on your back.