Monday, November 28, 2011












November 28, 2011  

Today's Photograph . . . . Great Place To Get Stuck (MQ)
Bible Study Verse
Mark 10:45
"For even the Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give His life -a ransom for many." (HCSB)

Thoughts
On one occasion years ago, we were on the tail end of a weekend junior's hunt. After my son and I had eaten lunch, rested, and prepared for the final evening of the hunt, a woman drove into our camp and told us that a man with a new Jeep had gotten stuck on the top of a nearby mountain. It was late in the afternoon; she was going for help and asking if we could drive our ATVs to the top of the mountain to help the man.

Many thoughts rushed through my mind:
  • "This was the final evening of my son's first buck hunt."
  • "They shouldn't sell Jeeps to people who do not know how to drive them."
  • "If he is stuck now, he will still be there in the morning; I can go help him then."
Upon emerging from this brief state of selfishness, and after my wife patted the tears from my eyes, my son and I drove to the top of the mountain and helped the man.
(Brett M)

Action Point
Serving others sometimes can be a sacrifice. We all have times in our lives when we are asked by God to serve someone else.

Unfortunately, those times rarely seem to fit into our plans. If they fit into our schedule, they would not be a sacrifice. God did not need my help to get that man's Jeep from the top of the mountain. God was perfectly capable of doing it Himself. What God wanted was to teach me to be willing to sacrifice my priorities to serve someone else. In addition, he wanted my son to see his father's willingness (after a minor tantrum and many tears) to be Christ like.

God wants us to serve others as Jesus did - with a joyful heart and mind. If God was willing to sacrifice His own Son for us, how can we not be willing to serve others?

Sportsmen's Tip of the Day
When traveling in the back country, plan ahead. You may get stuck. Always remember to take a shovel, high lift jack, GPS or topo map, and a cellular or satellite phone.