Monday, November 7, 2011












November 7, 2011  

Today's Photograph . . . . Good Day Fishing On A Lake (MQ) 
Bible Study  Verses
Philippians 4:6-7
Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. (NIV)

Thoughts
I asked my oldest son what was one of his most memorable moments. He said it was when we were at Hyalite Lake in Montana. We brought our float tubes together, held hands and prayed to our Heavenly Father. It was 6:00 a.m.; the morning sun was glowing behind the mountain peaks, and there was a foggy mist on the lake. What a majestic sight! You could feel God's presence.

On opening day of deer hunting in Minnesota, my two sons and I were walking on a trail to our deer stands. Before we split up on our separate trails, one of my sons asked if we could pray. With all of the anxiety associated with opening day of deer hunting, our prayers brought peace to my heart, knowing that we were in God's hands and He would keep us safe. I am blessed to see the importance of prayer in each of my sons' life.
(Tom L)

Action Point
Before going to work, school, or on trips, spend time in prayer with your family. It's a great way to start the day. Don't forget to thank God for the answers to prayer.

Sportsmen's Devotional
When you are walking single file on a trail, make sure you unload your firearm; and ask the rest of your party to check their firearms.