Wednesday, November 16, 2011












November 16, 2011  

Today's Photograph . . . . I Still Remember That Fish  . . . (Yvonne M)
Bible Study Verse
Proverbs 4:1
Listen, [my] sons, to a father's discipline, and pay attention so that you may gain  understanding, (HCSB)

Thoughts
My father took me fishing at a very young age. I was three-years old when I first went in the boat with him. My mother was extremely upset and most of my body was covered by flotation devices! It's amazing that I could move at all.

Then I caught my first fish--a white bass from the Fox River! Now, at 44 years old, I still remember that fish coming into the boat, with a lot of help from my Dad.

As the years passed, there was always advice that my Dad gave me, passed on to him by his father. We fished a lot together when I was younger, and still occasionally get the chance to spend some time together to wet a line.

Even when we don't fish together, we always talk about the fish we have caught and ones we are still after; and my father's instruction continues.
(Jim C)

Action Point
Always be open to new insights and instructions, especially from people who have hunted and fished longer than you. None of us will ever know it all.

The outdoors and its adventures are so ongoing and changing that each one of us will never experience it completely. However, since each of us learns something new through different encounters, we become wiser learning from one another.

Sportsmen's Tip of the Day
White bass are a hard-hitting, great fighting fish. Lipless crank baits are a great way to catch them. By removing the rear treble and replacing it with a feathered treble, you will increase the lure's action and attracting capabilities; and catch more fish.