Tuesday, November 15, 2011












November 15, 2011  

Today's Photograph . . . . You Will Be Like A Tree Firmly Planted (MQ)
Bible Study Verse
Psalm 1:1-3
How blessed is the man who does not walk in the counsel of the wicked, nor stand in the path of sinners, nor sit in the seat of scoffers! But his delight is in the law of the LORD,
And in His law he meditates day and night. He will be like a tree firmly planted by streams of water, which yields its fruit in its season and its leaf does not wither; and in whatever he does, he prospers. (NASB)

Thoughts
It's amazing what can happen to you, your life, and the people around you, when you do things with God first in your heart.  
   
I know that I have been blessed with the love of the outdoors--watching the sun come up on a lake in northern Manitoba. The colors that God paints the sky as the fog rolls off to unveil a new day--leave me breathless, along with the smell of pine trees and the ever-present allure of big fish. It's at those times that I feel like that grateful tree planted by streams of water.  

The fruit I yield is passing on what I have learned and experienced to others. My leaves will never wither as long as I branch out and share what knowledge I have gained. Those are the times that I feel more prosperous than the richest man.  
(Jim C)

Action Point 
Never keep to yourself what insight, tip, or tactic you have learned. Always share it with others so that they may make it even greater than when you discovered it. In that way, it becomes worth more than if you would have just kept it for yourself.

Sportsmen's Tip of the Day
When fishing for Northern Pike, as your lure gets closer to the boat, speed up your retrieve. This will often cause a massive reflex strike from a following fish. Be prepared; these can be some of the most explosive strikes you will ever encounter!