Sunday, September 22, 2013















September 19, 2013   

Today's Photograph . . . . As Christians We Need To Be Prepared For What Life Throws At Us  (MQ)
Bible Study Verse
II Timothy 2:21
Those who cleanse themselves from the latter will be instruments for special purposes, made holy, useful to the Master and prepared to do any good work. (NIV)

Thoughts 
I had a friend give me a call the other day and ask me to come over to his house to shoot crossbows. My teenage son said I could use his crossbow and he quickly went and found all of his gear for me. 

When I went to grab my bow and gear, I wish I could say I found it as quickly as he did. I ended up piecing together what I could find. I could not find my release so I used one that I have never tried before and it was a different style then I was used to. I was pretty unprepared and my shooting showed it. 
(Terry L)
Action Point
As Christians we need to be prepared for what life throws at us. When trouble comes we need to know where to find our tools for battle. Not only do we need to know where they are, we also need to be knowledgeable and skilled with them. 

To do this we need to study the scriptures and be in constant prayer. My accuracy with my bow was off because I didn't have the right tools and I hadn't been practicing. 

I can fix the issue with my bow by finding all of the right gear and practicing more. The same can also be said with our Christian walk. If we have not been obedient and have slipped away from the scriptures and prayer, all we have to do is confess our sins and start practicing again with the tools the Lord has provide us with. Before you know it, you will again be prepared and ready to do His will.
Sportsmen's Tip of the Day
Shooting skills will diminish if you don't practice. It doesn't matter if it is a firearm or bow if you don't practice your accuracy will suffer along with your proficiency.