Saturday, September 28, 2013













September 28, 2013   

Today's Photograph . . . .  Love Them First With Your Attention And Your Time And You Will Have Plenty Of Time For Your Hunts With What's Left   (Ruben C)
Bible Study Verses
Colossians 1:15-18
The Son is the image of the invisible God, the Firstborn over all creation. For in Him all things were created: things in Heaven and on Earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things have been created through Him and for Him.  He is before all things, and in Him all things hold together.  And He is the Head of the body, the church; He is the Beginning and the Firstborn from among the dead, so that in everything He might have the supremacy. (NIV)
 
Thoughts
Growing up as a teen and a young adult I was heavily influenced by a father who worked hard (still does) and hunted harder.

I came to love the outdoors so much, that the year I made a major career change in 1988, I had taken up to 2 months' vacation time solely to hunt. I lived it and could not be separated from it any more than you could separate my head from my body and I survive. 
(Ruben C)

Action Point
Nowadays I still have a passion for the outdoors of course, but I'd have to say that I'm more attached to my family now than hunting. I am a father and there is no separating me from that role any more than you could separate me from my head and I survive (hmmm, I've heard that before!).

As Christians we are also part of a family and we belong to the body of Christ. The head of that body of course, is Him. You are connected to Him. It should be such a tight relationship that nothing should get between you and Him. I am certain that if my body separates from my head, death is imminent. Take the same attitude in your connection with Christ as you take strides to grow in your spiritual walk.

Sportsmens Tip of the Day
Remember when planning your hunts to also prioritize time with your wife and family first. Love them first with your attention and your time and you will have plenty of time for your hunts with what's left. You'll just have to step out in faith with this one!