Saturday, September 7, 2013
















September 6, 2013   

Today's Photograph . . . . Our God Never Closes  (MQ)
Bible Study Verse
Jeremiah 33:3
'Call to me and I will answer you and tell you great and unsearchable things you do not know.' (NIV)
Thoughts
Sun has just come up and eager anglers are getting ready preparing to try their luck in one of bays. They are not assured of a good catch this morning, or even a catch of any fish. But they have boat  and tackle in what they think will work. 

No matter whether you fish saltwater or freshwater, we all have the same questions as we start a day on the water: 
  • What lure, what bait will work best? 
  • Where should I make my first cast? 
  • Are the fish going to be shallow or deep? 
Questions, questions, questions . . .
(Tom B)
Action Point
If you ever fished along the Texas coast, you know that bait camps are open very early; some stay open all the time. Bait camps, marinas everywhere all open early, some never close.
Our God never closes. "Great and unsearchable things you do not know..." Think about that scripture statement from Jeremiah for a minute or two. If I knew everything and could handle everything, every question, why would I need to call, even sometimes to cry out to Him? Some of the greatest revelations and, answers the Holy Spirit of God have revealed to me have been totally unknown and unexpected.
I awake early in the morning without the need of an alarm clock. I am on God's alarm clock, with Him sharing ideas, answers for my day, for my life that before were not there the night before.
God never takes a break. He's there with me all the time. "Before they call I will answer; while they are still speaking I will hear," Isaiah 65:24 (NIV).
Before I ever put audible words to my thoughts, He has heard and provides the answer, maybe not right then, but when I can handle it, the answer is there:
  • He will call on me, and I will answer him; I will be with him in trouble, I will deliver him and honor him, Psalm 91:15 (NIV). 
  • This third I will put into the fire; I will refine them like silver and test them like gold. They will call on My name and I will answer them; I will say, 'They are my people,' and they will say, 'The Lord is our God,' Zechariah 13:9 (NIV).
  • Then you will call, and the Lord will answer; you will cry for help, and He will say: Here am I. "If you do away with the yoke of oppression, with the pointing finger and malicious talk," Isaiah 58:9 (NIV). 
  • He will call on me, and I will answer him; I will be with him in trouble, I will deliver him and honor him, Psalm 91:15 (NIV).
My God is a Big God. "Ah, Sovereign Lord, you have made the Heavens and the Earth by your great power and outstretched arm. Nothing is too hard for You, Jeremiah 32:17 NIV). He has all the answers.
Lord, thank you that you are with me always. You know my needs, my hurts before I even bring them to mind. Scripture tells me to pray always, constant communication with you. You read my thoughts before I even sort them out. When things don't make sense or seem impossible, help me to remember that you are already on the job. You are up early, open late, never closed. 'I will answer you and tell you great and unsearchable things you do not know,' Jeremiah 33:3 (NIV).
Sportsmen's Tip of the Day
The night before your fishing trip, make sure the batteries are charged in your boat, fuel for both boat and towing vehicle is purchased, and the fishing rods are rigged and ready to go for the first cast. Nothing aggravates other anglers more than somebody who sits on the boat ramp doing things to his boat before he launches. Everyone else has to patiently wait . . . and that's a topic for another devotion.