Thursday, September 26, 2013

























September 26, 2013   

Today's Photograph . . . . But They Aren't Listening In The Place He Has Chosen To Speak (FS.FED.US
Bible Study Verse
Deuteronomy 8:6-7 
Observe the commands of the Lord your God, walking in obedience to Him and revering Him. For the Lord your God is bringing you into a good land-a land with brooks, streams, and deep springs gushing out into the valleys and hills. (NIV)
 
Thoughts
The land is flat and the woods are thick in northeast Maine. I was hunting with Tim, a buddy of mine. We stayed near a railroad bed and saw plenty of deer tracks. 
 
One day I decided to get off the tracks and go into the woods to see if I could push anything across to Tim. I was about 200 yd into the woods when I lost my sense of the direction I needed to return. I wandered around shouting, but the thick brush absorbed my voice. Finally, I heard a faint voice shouting back, and I headed toward that voice.

You  may live in dense woods, a desert wilderness or by mountain streams, however we all live in a moral wilderness. The Bible is the Voice of God that gives us direction through that moral wilderness. He has chosen to speak to us in this way, and without His voice we have little hope of staying on track. 
(Steve S.)

Action Point
Lots of people say they'd like to hear the Voice of God, but they aren't listening in the place He has chosen to speak. 
 
Let the Bible test whatever direction you choose to go in life. You can always depend on Him to speak to you through it and show you how to stay on track with Him.

Sportsmen's Tip of the Day
When you discover an old overgrown home site, you've found a deer magnet. An old orchard may provide apples, younger saplings offer browse, brushy fields have plenty of soft forbs, and brush has grown up to give cover. Deer don't have to move far from these magnets.