Sunday, September 22, 2013













September 9, 2013   

Today's Photograph . . . . Jesus Can You Show Me How Far The East Is From The West  (USDA.GOV)
Bible Study Verse
Psalm 103:12
As far as the East is from the West, so far has He removed our transgressions from us. (HCSB)
 
Thoughts
How far is the East from the West? On several occasions I have been in places where I could see a long way: 
  • While standing at the end of a pier looking out over the Pacific Ocean. 
  • Standing above the tree line on top of Mount Humphreys near Flagstaff, Arizona enjoying a great 360-degree view.  
  • Looking out across the Grand Canyon. 
These are all incredible places to contemplate how far the East is from the West.
I enjoy listening to a song entitled, "East to West." The lyrics describe a man who is finding himself lost in his Christian life. He says, "The chains of yesterday surround me; I yearn for peace and rest. I don't want to end up where You found me." He pleads, "Jesus, can you show me how far the East is from the West?" He needs to know how far God has removed his sins from him. 
(Ernie W)

Action Point
I relate to these lyrics. It is easy to allow the sin of doubt to creep into our lives. I am thankful that God has inspired song writers to remind us of His promises. 
 
There are many great songs of praise on Christian radio these days. Most of them are written with specific Scriptures as their foundation and promote Biblical truth. Sometimes, we are so busy that we don't find time to study our Bible as intensely as we would like. 
 
I encourage you to listen to a Christian radio station while driving to and from work, or to your favorite hunting and fishing spots. Try supplementing your Bible study time by worshiping with great Christian songs.
 Sportsmen's Tip of the Day
One of the best parts of elk hunting is how vocal elk are. I suppose turkey hunters appreciate this as well. Drive time is a great time to practice your game calling technique. There are many DVD's to which you can listen and practice.