Thursday, September 5, 2013












September 3, 2013   

Today's Photograph . . . . We Just Gotta Clean Up Our "House" A Little Bit Or For Some, Maybe A Lot (NPS)
Bible Study Verses
Jeremiah 29:11-13
 For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call on Me and come and pray to Me, and I will listen to you. You will seek Me and find Me when you seek Me with all your heart. (NIV)

Thoughts
When I hunt, I hunt with all my heart. Well sometimes I can be distracted a little, like anything
else, but that's the exception. Usually though I'm pretty committed when I'm hunting deer or elk, or pigs. It's in the blood, you know what I mean? When you're in the field, you're just engrossed in the hunt, as it should be.
When I'm tracking, I have one goal; spot my game up close before he spots me. This is usually followed by my second goal, evaluate and shoot!
(Ruben C)
Action Point
God tells us, if we want to find Him (incidentally, He's not lost!), we will. When we commit to it
with all our heart. He's always there. It's just that the things of the world and our own desires (that don't align with His), cloud or hide Him from us. It's really not all that tough to find Him. We just gotta clean up our "house" a little bit or for some, maybe a lot!
Look, when we get on the trail of a deer, one of the more elusive animals in the world, we go at it like our life depends on it. Now there's a parallel; your "life" does depend on it- finding God that is.
The reward?  After this, the word of the Lord came to Abram in a vision: "Do not be afraid, Abram.   I am your shield,  your very great reward," Genesis 15:1 (NIV).
Sportsmen's Tip of the Day
Desert Deer Hunting Tip #21: When tracking deer across the desert don't become complacent and not glass out ahead frequently. This last season was a coin toss for me if the buck I was
tracking would lay up under a palo verde tree or in the wide open. Frequent glassing will help 
you not "jump" a potential trophy before you're within range