Tuesday, March 13, 2012












March 13, 2012   

Today's Photograph . . . . Grizzly Track On The Toklat River, AK (NPS)
Bible Study Verses
Psalm 139:7-8
Where can I go from Your Spirit? Or where can I flee from Your presence? If I ascend into Heaven, You are there; if I make my bed in hell, behold, You are there. (NKJV)

Thoughts
The other day at work I had arrested two illegal citizens. I turned my back for just a split second and one of them fled into the desert, trying to escape. With the help of another skilled tracker with whom I work, we were able to track him down surprisingly fast. 

After the arrest, I began to think about how we sometimes flee from God in shame when we have done wrong, believing we can escape His presence. But as Psalm 139:1-2 say, "Lord, You have searched me and known me. You know my sitting down and my rising up; you understand my thought afar off," (NKJV).

I'm sure glad He knows where to find me!!! 
(Jimmy S)

Action Point
Rather than fleeing from God when we do wrong, it's so much easier in the end if we just turn and run to Him. He's always there, arms open wide, waiting to forgive us, and help get us back on track!!!

Sportsmen's Tip of the Day
When tracking game, always mark your last known track or piece of evidence with flagging. Look in the most likely lines of travel for more evidence of the direction of your quarry. Try not to destroy any tracks or other evidence as you go so you'll have something to come back to if you have to start over.