Monday, March 5, 2012











March 5, 2012   

Today's Photograph . . . . Just About Every Time I Go Into The Woods, I Try To Be Something I'm Not (MQ) 
Bible Study Verses
Ephesians 5:1-2
Follow God's example, therefore, as dearly loved children and walk in the way of love, just as Christ loved us and gave Himself up for us as a fragrant offering and sacrifice to God. (NIV)

Thoughts
Just about every time I go into the woods, I try to be something I'm not. I imitate something else--perhaps a dying rabbit, to attract a coyote or mountain lion; or maybe a worm, to attract a smallmouth bass. I almost always try to imitate something that will help me successfully outwit my prey.

In my life as a Christian, I have but One to imitate--God--by being like His Son, Jesus. One of the ways Jesus taught us to imitate God is by loving those He came to seek and to save. He loved us, even to the point of death. That is being like God; and that is what is going to attract others to take God's "bait" and accept His gift of salvation.
 (Cliff S)

Action Point
Being a Christian isn't all that complicated. We are to simply be like Jesus, and, therefore, be like God. To do that, we must love as Jesus loved--the Father above all else, and others as He loved them.

Sportsmen's Tip of the Day
If you're going to go varmint calling, be sure of the prey species in the area where you're headed and have the appropriate calls. Then, listen to some tapes or DVDs and practice. That's right, drive the neighbor's dog crazy!