Friday, March 23, 2012











March 23, 2012   

Today's Photograph . . . . Gambel Quail (MQ) 
Bible Study Verse
Exodus 15:25-26  
So he cried out to the Lord, and the Lord showed him a tree. When he cast it into the waters, the waters were made sweet. There He made a statute and an ordinance for them, and there He tested them, and said, "If you diligently heed the voice of the Lord your God and do what is right in His sight, give ear to His commandments and keep all His statutes, I will put none of the diseases on you which I have brought on the Egyptians. For I am the Lord who heals you." (NKJV)

Thoughts
Recently, I was reminded of the healing hand of God as I rescued a bird caught in my children's badminton net.  

The night before, I was called home early from one of my outdoor adventure ministry trips. The call came when my mother who is in the Intensive Care Unit fighting off a serious infection had a scary day. I arrived home after midnight and spent the following morning in the hospital visiting with mom. God is taking care of her and she is now stable.  

I left the hospital and decided to go home and mow the lawn. It had been an emotionally draining night and morning as I attempted to sort through all of it on my own. That is when I noticed the bird caught in the net, hanging upside down, and struggling to get free. 

With my MP3 player kicking out tunes in the background, I began to rescue the victim. I gently clutched his body, began to carefully cut the netting, and weave the string off him. I delicately laid him on the ground after freeing my new feathered friend from his entanglement. 

I was amazed when right on key the lyrics from a Jeremy Camp song belted into my ears. The most melodic, soothing tune came out of my earphones, "The healing hand of God." Tears began to roll down my cheeks. Through a simple gesture, I was reminded of God's presence.  
(Michael T) 

Action Point
The bird was not very cooperative while trying to free him. He kept trying to peck me with his beak. He resisted my help, even though I was carefully rescuing him from harm. The timing of the song and the craziness of my mother's condition all came together in a simple analogy for me on how the healing hand of God works.

God is trying to free us from the bondage of our sins. He has a gentle, but firm grip on our lives. Yet we resist, we gnaw at his work, and then like the bird, we are not very thankful when His work is done. 

God is the mighty healer and rescuer. He not only heals our physical sicknesses, but also our spiritual sicknesses. Run to Him!!!

Sportsmen's Tip of the Day
The next time you are out on the deep blue seas or in the woods hunting for your favorite food, bring along a journal and write down your thoughts on the day. You will be amazed at how many interesting spiritual parallels you will come across, which will give you tons of material to share with your kids, your Sunday School class, or another hurting soul God places in your life as a divine appointment orchestrated by Him.