Thursday, March 15, 2012











March 15, 2012   

Today's Photograph . . . . Before The Last Rays of Sun Disappeared (MQ)
Bible Study Verse
2 Corinthians 4:6
For it is the God Who commanded light to shine out of darkness, Who has shone in our hearts to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ. (NKJV)

Thoughts
The Source of Light, Jesus the guiding Light,is important in our lives.

Deer season and a full moon had happened during the same time frame. The deer were feeding freely during the night and bedding down during the day. Unless you just happened to kick one up walking to your hunt site, hunting in a stand during the day was almost non-existent.

I decided to stay on my stand as long as possible into the evening, hoping to see deer moving right before the last rays of sun disappeared. My hunting location was about three-quarters mile from camp along an old, unused logging road. I had my flashlight and thought I would have no problem finding my way back to camp in the dark. 

But, the path that had been so easy to follow in the light of day was only dimly delineated in the dark of night. I had some anxious moments, wondering whether I would end up back at camp. Finally, I saw the campfire of my hunting buddy that would guide me through the trees. 
(Tom B)

Action Point
Jesus is the guiding Light, the flashlight you might say, leading us to the Source of Light in our lives. God is the campfire that illumines our lives, brings light into our daily life, if we just strike the match, and continue to add wood to the fire by reading His Holy Word.

Sportsmen's Tip of the Day
If you haven't graduated to LED lights, you should give them a try. Flashlights are still a good source of light, but the lights utilizing LED generation beats the traditional flashlight any day; plus, they are usually smaller. I have a light that I can clip onto the bill of my fishing/cap or shirt pocket and then don't even have to hold.