Saturday, March 31, 2012










March 31, 2012   

Today's Photograph . . . . Early On I Wasn't Very Successful (MQ)
Bible Study Verses
II Peter 1:3-4  
His divine power has given us everything we need for a godly life through our knowledge of him who called us by his own glory and goodness. Through these he has given us His very great and precious promises, so that through them you may participate in the divine nature, having escaped the corruption in the world caused by evil desires. (NIV)

Thoughts
I can remember my first efforts at hunting. My decoy spread and duck calling actually chased the ducks away. It took five years to bag my first whitetail buck, a spike. 

On my first efforts in fly fishing, I couldn't catch a cutthroat on a dry fly in Yellowstone Park until an older gentleman gave me a fly and a few lessons. To say the least, early on, I wasn't very successful. 

Many years were needed to gather the knowledge and experience for success. My hope is that I continue to learn throughout my lifetime.
(Tom L)

Action Point
Just as we strive to learn more about hunting and fishing, we should strive to learn more about our Lord Jesus Christ.  

Reading the Word daily helps us "gain the knowledge of Him." If we stay in God's Word, we are less likely to neglect Christian disciplines, forget what God has done for us; and so, live a more consistent walk with Him.
  
Sportsmen's Tip of the Day
Get together with an "old water fowler" and learn some of his secrets. You will be surprised what those years of experience can do for your hunting success.