Tuesday, August 14, 2012
















A Daily Study of God's Word for Christian SportsmenAugust 14, 2012   

Today's Photograph . . . . Ozzie, My Godly Mentor and Hero With His Last Deer (Fred B) 
Bible Study Verses
Hebrews 13:7,17,24b
Remember those who rule over you, who have spoken the word of God to you, whose faith follow, considering the outcome of their
 conduct.

Obey those who rule over you, and be submissive, for they watch out for your souls, as those who must give account. Let them do so with joy and not with grief, for that would be unprofitable for you. 

Greet all those who rule over you, and all the saints.  (NKJV) 
 
Thoughts
Ozzie was one of my heroes. A small-town pastor, seminary professor; great husband, Dad, Grandfather, and  my mentor.  I had the privilege to take him on his last TN deer hunt, loaded his .270 for him, and kept him safely at my side, sitting on a big rock. He never hunted again. I miss him, remember his life, and am grateful for His mentoring and His example. 
 
What hero do you remember?
(Fred B)

Action Point
Follow the Godly example of older men of the faith. Honor them in life and in death. Tell them now, that they are your hero. Seek their wisdom and learn from their counsel. Become the man of God that they are. 
 
Mentor a younger man teaching by example and through precept. 

Sportsmen's Tip of the Day
Let's assist older hunters in any way possible during a hunting or fishing trip--field dressing game, dragging big game, carrying their gear, and cooking their meals. 
 
My Dad and I can't hunt any more [he's in Heaven], so I help someone else's Dad. And above all, let's be patient with them. Someday, it'll be us!!!