Thursday, August 9, 2012












August 8, 2012   

Today's Photograph . . . . Vintage Baseball (NPS)
Bible Study Verse
Psalms 34:1-3 
I will bless the Lord at all times; His praise shall continually be in my mouth. My soul makes its boast in the Lordlet the humble hear and be glad. Oh, magnify the Lord with me, and let us exalt His name together! (ESV)

Thoughts
I grew up an outdoor adventure and sports enthusiast. In particular, I loved the sport of baseball. Fortunately, God blessed me with an ability to play baseball fairly well and these skills kept me on the field of play. I was always in the game and only sat out for injury purposes for the most part. It was a fun and exciting time in my life.

Now as an adult I've moved on to bigger ambitions, a life of ministry. Like baseball, my ministry experiences have been very similar in that I've always been doing something. God has sought to use me in various ways and I've been obedient and have served Him for many years in church and para-church ministry.

But, now, I find myself having to sit the bench, as I wait for God to move me into the next phase of ministry. To be honest, it has been very difficult for me. I want to get back in the game, but for some reason the Coach has determined it is better for me to "ride the pine."
(Michael T)

Action
Who are we to question the Coach? Know that God's plans and His timing are always perfect. Why can't we wait patiently on Him to prepare the way for us? Why do we need to be reminded daily to be patient? 

Go and pray, read the Bible, and thank God for the extra rest and time He may be giving you to enjoy your family, before the rush of life consumes again. 

While you're waiting, bless the Lord at all times!!!

Sportsmen's Tip of The Day
Diversify your outdoor activities. Don't always go hunting or fishing. Try taking in a ball game with your family, go hiking, or even go whitewater rafting. God is not limited to a box and neither should your hobbies or the time spent with your family.