Friday, August 17, 2012












August 17, 2012   

Today's Photograph . . . . People Will Remember The Hurt More Than The Help (MQ)
Bible Study Verse
Hosea 6:6
I want you to show love, not offer sacrifices. I want you to know me more than I want burnt offerings. (NLT)
 
Thoughts
Ever wonder why it is so hard for teenagers to proclaim Christ and win their friends to Him?

Imagine if you will, you are the school bully.  You have taken money from just about everyone in your class, you have thrown people in a dumpster and on occasion you have punched a few peoples lights out. 

Over the summer you get sent to some boring camp that your parents make you go to and BAM, it happens.  Jesus was waiting for you, and now you've been saved.  You're on fire, you can't wait to tell everyone, you get back to school and start telling everyone about Christ, but no one will listen.  You get so frustrated, and the last comment you hear from a fellow student is.  Didn't you beat me up, take my lunch money and flush my head in the toilet?  If that's your "Jesus" then I don't want anything to do with him. 

People will remember the hurt more than the help.
(Donny N)

Action Point
There is so much more to proclaiming the name of Christ and not just for teenagers.  Maturity by definition is the ability to reproduce.  So by those standards a mature Christian should be bearing fruit.

How much fruit are you bearing?  Actions speak louder than words.  If you find yourself not bearing any fruit, you might want to re-think your approach.  What do you think would have happened to the above mentioned student if he would have approached people in kindness and forgiveness?  What if he would have begun building relationships first, making friends, and allowing people to see Christ in him?  Sometimes the greatest way to lead people to Christ is without saying a word. 

Someone asked me once "I don't know what's going on in your life, I don't know what drug you're taking, but I want some."  When I told him it was Christ, he said, "There is no way he would want a guy like me, I bet God's pretty ticked off at me." What I said next hit home and after he dove in head first with arms wide open and was baptized a week later.  Here's what I told him and others need to hear understand this (weather you're a believer or not) God is not mad at you, He's mad about you.  The only way to overcome an old passion is with a new one.

Why don't you fall passionately in love with Him. 

Sportsmen's Tip of the Day
Feeling under the weather out in the field and you left your cold/flu medicine at home.  Try boiling some pine needles to make Pine Needle Tea, it's a great source of Vitamin C, and does wonders for the body.

To make Pine Needle Tea, gather a small handful of pine needles from a tree. Cut the needles into 3/4 inch lengths. Pour boiling water over pine needles, cover, and steep for 15-20 minutes. Enjoy!!!