Thursday, August 16, 2012












August 16, 2012   

Today's Photograph . . . . When I Go To Church, Do I Attend or Do I Participate . . . (MQ)
Bible Study Verses  
Hebrews 11:5-6
By faith Enoch was taken away so that he did not see death, "and was not found, because God had taken him"; for before he was taken he had this testimony, that he pleased God. But without faith it is impossible to please Him, for he who comes to God must believe that He is, and that He is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him. (NKJV)

Thoughts
Years ago I was a young soldier in the Army miles away from home, not a whole lot of friends, and seemed a little out of place. I grew up in Arizona, but now found myself in South Carolina. 

I had heard lots of stories of the fishing there, but just didn't know how or where to go, till I met Jim. Jim a fellow soldier had been in SC for quite some time and, best yet, he had a boat. 

We went all over that state from Wateree to Lake Murray. If it had water in it, chances were we threw a line in it. I never had so much fun fishing. Up until that point the only person I had ever gone fishing with was my Dad. Jim, 20 yrs my elder, kind of took on that role for a while. I learned so much form him while I was there. I even started buying the same fishing poles, bait and even learned that Carolina rig thing. You could say he rubbed off on me. It was great to have someone in my life that had such a hand in shaping my life, I learned a lot from Jim. 

Our time together may have been cut short thanks to the Army, but I have never forgotten my two years in SC and how much I learned from Jim. 
(Donny N)

Action Point
You can't follow Jesus and remain the same. You just can't. 

There are those who claim the name of Christ and are great attendees, but they are not changed. Just because you just spent a few thousand dollars at your favorite outdoor store on fishing equipment doesn't make you a fisherman. 

You have to ask yourself this question, when I go to church, do I attend or do I participate? You can't follow Jesus and remain the same. I spent two years with Jim and to this day I still use some of his fishing tips. 

Imagine spending a lifetime with Jesus. The question I get asked the most in ministry is "How do you turn the desire to serve Jesus off, I need a break?" You can't, if you can turn it off it's probably because it's never been turned on!!! 

You can't follow Jesus and remain the same. Are you the same? You must believe and He will respond to those who seek Him. Who do people see when they see you?

Sportsmen's Tip of the Day
When planning your next fishing trip make sure you have a spare battery for your trolling motor. You don't want to end up in the middle of the lake and turn the key and find you have to row or tow back to shore.