Thursday, August 2, 2012












March , 2012   

Today's Photograph . . . . Be A Neighbor Wherever God Leads You   (MQ) 
Bible Study Verses
Luke 10:36-37 
"Which of these three do you think was a neighbor to the man who fell into the hands of robbers?" The expert in the law replied, "The one who had mercy on him." Jesus told him, "Go and do likewise." (NIV)

Thoughts
Tonight, I had a "Good Samaritan" opportunity and almost blew it . . . 

I had gone for a walk--not an unusual thing for me to do, usually after dark, to keep in shape and make those mountains a little smaller. As I was walking, I noticed a homeless man dragging a handcart and carrying his things in a paper bag. He presented a typical sight: disheveled, tired, and looking for a safe place to spend the night. 

I was on my way to the grounds of a nearby church where I attend services. There is an area for prayer in the back, a small hill and a cross, a good place to pray and listen to God. I slowly overtook the homeless man; and as I walked by, I spoke to him and he to me. 

I kept going, but was compelled to turn around and go back to him. We spoke again and I walked with him for the next few blocks. He was from the area, spoke very eloquently, and had a firm handshake. When we drew near the church, he began to tell me the history of its structure and  its designer. We talked about the church, the community, and Jesus. He knew the church and asked me why the annual Christmas pageant had not been held the previous year. 

As we parted, I assured him that I would pray for him; and he asked me to pray for healing for his wrist which had been injured in a fall. We stood in the street, I held his hand and prayed. It was a privilege!!! It was a blessing!!! We then parted, I to my house and he to his lonely spot on the street. As we went our separate ways, he thanked me for walking and talking with him. 

I cannot remember the last time I had been so blessed, and I had almost walked on by. 
(Cliff S)

Action Point
Be a neighbor whenever and to whomever God leads you.

Sportsmen's Tip of the Day
It's not a bad idea to have extra food, water, and some tools in your vehicle when going to the country. You never know; you just might meet someone who needs help--perhaps with a flat tire but without a jack, maybe with some other problem that you might help solve; or one just having a bad day and needs a "Good Samaritan" to listen to their story.