Wednesday, March 13, 2013












March 13, 2013  

Today's Photograph . . . . It's The Actions We Take That Set Us Apart And Grow Us  (Will D) 
Bible Study Verse
Leviticus 19:18
You shall not take vengeance, nor bear any grudge against the sons of your people, but you shall love your neighbor as yourself; I am the LORD. (NASV)
  
Thoughts
It's a long ride to the dock when you lose two blue marlin - especially if they would have won a tournament.
  
I wrestled with what went wrong as the boat laboriously climbed each passing wave. To overcome frustration and defeat, I began the blame-game; perhaps dull hooks or poor rigging produced this failure. Pointing fingers seemed to alleviate my frustration.
  
Blame placed and frustration quelled, I could feel revenge building up inside me like a summer squall. It was then I saw a revelatory cloud from Heaven.
  
I smiled. I knew the only revenge I would have would come in the form of another opportunity.
(Will D)
  
Action Point
As Christians we do not always get do-over's. There is no instant replay in the game of Grace. And while we may get wronged every day by people who don't play by the Lord's same set of rules, it's the actions we take that set us apart and grow us.
  
Consider frustrations and misses as opportunities!!!
   
Sportsmen's Tip of the Day
Tournament fishing is all about your gear and nothing is more important than the lure's connection to your reel. Check and recheck your line after every bite or near miss.