Sunday, March 3, 2013






















March 3, 2013  

Today's Photograph . . . . Endangered Species, Mountain Quail and Our Children . . . (FWS)
Bible Study Verse
Matthew 6:26
Look at the birds. They don't plant or harvest or store food in barns, for your heavenly Father feeds them. And aren't you far more valuable to him than they are? (NLT)
  
Thoughts
I've been keeping some of my teens in prayer recently.  They've had a bomb dropped in the middle of their world.  There is a new "Normal" and it's still being defined.  It struck me as I unsettled a group of birds earlier that I do the same thing on a regular basis. 
  
It will take them time to realize and understand the new "Normal". Even after they do, they will still be unsettled for a long time afterwards.  Trust, Safety, and Peace are concepts that will take time to restore.
(Jay C)
  
Action Point
I still hunt.  I still fish.  That has not changed. My perspective has changed!  Each animal harvested will now be a reminder that even in uncertainty; even when the bottom falls out; even when there is no "Normal", My God, My Father is in control. 
  
He will provide for me a new "Normal".  He has assured me that I am far more valuable to Him than the rest of His creation.
  
Sportsmen's Tip of the Day
Always wear plenty of hunter orange when bird hunting during periods when there are other seasons open.  Particularly here in the west, where shots on big game can be several hundred yards. You may not be aware that you have walked into another camouflaged hunter's field-of-view and the distance may make it impossible for him to alert you to his presence.