Friday, March 22, 2013










March 22, 2013  

Today's Photograph . . . . I Become More Confident In His Love For Me (MQ) 
Bible Study Verses
John 7:23
But I see another law at work in me, waging war against the law of my mind and making me a prisoner of the law of sin at work within me. (NIV)
 
Thoughts
I have recently attempted to get back into archery and I have to say it has been trying. I am having a time with being consistent with my bow. One minute I am putting 3 arrows into a 4 inch circle at 20 yards with no trouble. Then the next thing I know, I completely miss the target and lose an arrow out in the woods.

What make this worse is I am a firearms instructor and I am used to being proficient with my weapon. I am confident that it is not my bow, but me. I know I am not being consistent with my form, but I am just not sure where. The firearms instructor in me wants to say the problem is in my head, so I purchased more arrows and I continue to practice.
(Terry L)

Action Point 
Have you ever noticed how much of an effect your mind and feelings can have on you? If you are confident in your shooting abilities, it will show. If you are not, it, also, will show. I have worked with several people who if they could get their mind set right, they would be awesome shots. These people have the mechanics down and have the skill, but they are being defeated in their mind.

This could also be said about God's people. We all have been uniquely gifted by Him. But when it comes time to pull the trigger, we let our minds mess us up. We think to ourselves "I can't do this; who am I to do this? Look at the things I have done." Or we have tried before, but have missed our target and our confidence is broken. You can't do it! But, He can if you will let Him!!!

Having had more than one failed attempt at ministry in my life, I wonder if they failed because I tried to do them within my power. See, that is the old me at work. As I grow in Him through my personal life and ministry work, I have overcome many obstacles and with each one I have cleared He has been with me. With each one cleared, I become more confident in His love for me and in what He desires for me to accomplish under His leadership.

Those who live according to the flesh have their minds set on what the flesh desires; but those who live in accordance with the Spirit have their minds set on what the Spirit desires. Read Romans 8:5.

Sportsmen's Tip of the Day 
If you are out shooting and you begin to struggle, step away for a few minutes to clear your head. People have a tendency to keep trying, frustration sets in, and clouds your mind.