Tuesday, March 19, 2013






















March 19 , 2013   

Today's Photograph . . . . The Way To Find The Lord and Please Him Is By Believing In His Son Jesus (NPS)
Bible Study Verse
Hebrews 11:6 
And without faith it is impossible to please God, because anyone who comes to Him must believe that He exists and that He rewards those who earnestly seek Him. (NIV)
 
Thoughts
On one particular hunting trip this year, we were looking for elk in the higher elevations. It was a little early for the migration, but we knew there were a few bulls in the area. We stood on the edge of a large mountain meadow. Suddenly, a large-bodied deer showed up on the edge of the meadow. My friend ranged it at 230 yds. He said that it looked like a 24 in muley with a tall rack. 

With the deer alerted to our presence I didn't have much time to shoot; so I shot off-hand.. We walked up to the edge of the meadow expecting to find a nice muley buck laying there on the snow. I had a lot of confidence in my 7mm mag. at that distance. 

Unfortunately, we didn't see the deer or any blood. I'll have to admit, some doubt entered my mind. The shooting conditions were very windy and my rest was not the best. Did I miss him? I wasn't going to give up yet. I picked up a set of fresh tracks and followed them down the mountain.  20 yd away, I noticed some dirt on top of the snow and the smooth blanket of snow disturbed. Not far from this area, the muley was laying dead with only one blood spot next to his nose. The bullet entered behind the front shoulder, mushroomed, and was found in the hide on the back side. Some faith, perseverance, and God's help enabled me to find that nice muley.
(Tom L)
Action Point
In Hebrews 6, we are told that He, God, is the rewarder of those who diligently seek, find, Him. InOur Daily Bread, a devotional booklet, it says, "Finding God is a matter of faith--confidence in Him and commitment to Him. This confidence and commitment should remain strong even though the objects of our faith are unseen. The writer of Hebrews and the Apostle John agree that, ultimately, the way to find the Lord and please Him is by believing in His Son Jesus."
Sportsmen's Tip of the Day
If you can't find blood or a set of tracks to follow, walk in circles around the area where you last saw the deer. Increase the radius each time. I've found several deer using this technique