Monday, March 4, 2013












March 4, 2013     

Today's Photograph . . . . Continually Set Our Path & Mark Our Position According To His Word (MQ)
Bible Study Verse
Psalms 119:105
Your word is a lamp to guide my feet and a light for my path. (NLT)
  
Thoughts
Knowing I would be returning to my truck after dark, I prepared accordingly.  Prior to setting out, I checked the batteries of my hand held GPS unit and, also, my flashlights.  Upon fastening everything inside my cold weather coat, I set off.

Several hours later, it was time to begin the trek back to the truck. I pulled out the GPS unit only to find that while it was on, I had failed to mark the coordinates of the truck.  Soon after my main light failed and I was left with only two smaller secondaries which afforded enough light to see just the ground around my feet.  Being a virtually starless, moonless night, it was completely black. 
  
Slowly making my way in the direction where I felt I would find the truck, I noticed two familiar house lights in the distance shining brightly in the utter darkness.  Upon recognizing these lights, I realized I'd been traveling in the wrong direction for the entire time.  Nonetheless, these lights afforded me the ability to re-orient my position and get back to my truck.
(Jay C)
  
Action Point
God's Word, while fully and completely capable of being a lamp unto our feet, cannot be an effective guide in our daily walk if we do not include it in our daily preparations. 
  
The GPS unit, while functioning correctly, had not been utilized completely prior to being needed rendering it effectively worthless. 
  
In the same way, we must  
continually set our path and mark our position according to His Word 
in relation to His calling in order to remain and follow the unique path He has set for each us. 
  
Likewise, as believers, we must not betray our responsibility to be predictable and dependable Lights for others, who aren't well prepared for their journey and are now struggling in darkness. The Lord wants to  use us, even unknowingly and from a distance, to lead them back to Him and into His will for their lives.
  
Sportsmen's Tip of the Day
Especially when trekking after dark, plan and prepare thoroughly.  Completely set your GPS, check all batteries in your electronic gear, and continually search for and record recognizable, geographic points of orientation along your trek.