Wednesday, October 16, 2013












October 14, 2013   

Today's Photograph . . . . We Have To Know His Voice, Listen When He Is Calling And Talking To Us
(Tom B)
Bible Study Verse
John 10:27
My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me. (NIV)

Thoughts
My dogs are Golden Retrievers. They are about as loyal a dog as you can ever own. Wherever I go, whatever I do, my dog is following me. I have had them fishing in my boat with me, sitting in duck blinds, walking and running the fields. They are eager to do whatever I am doing and go wherever I go.
They have been with me through good times and bad. I remember a day a few years back when I was having an especially hard time. My dog, Sam, and I were out in the garage. I had sat down on the floor, trying to make sense out of some things that were happening. 

Sam came up to me, not jumping all over me, but just standing in front of me--those two big brown eyes looking and saying something such as, "I know how you feel and what's happening. I'm here for you." 

Sam and all of my other dogs have known my voice. They have known me and I have known them. A big part of their life was and is spent just wanting to be around me. 
(Tom B)
Action Point
We are like the sheep, or the dog, who surrenders his or her complete loyalty to their master. Our master is our Heavenly Father who loves us and wants only the best for us. He is our protector and provider. He knows what's going on within us even when we don't actually say it. He just really, really enjoys us following Him around, being with Him.
For me, His voice is usually a still, small voice, kind of like that of my dog when she comes up to me, looks at me, and maybe nuzzles my hand. I know she is telling me something and I need to listen. However, we have to know His voice, listen when He is calling and talking to us.
Sportsmen's Tip of the Day
One of the ways to instill loyalty between dogs and their master is to allow the dog to spend some time in the house with you as a pup. Dogs, by their nature, seek to serve someone even if they are kept in an outside kennel, but the bond becomes even deeper if they are allowed to spend some close time with their master.