Sunday, October 27, 2013

















October 28, 2013   

Today's Photograph . . . . Deliver Us From Evil. Always Assume A Black Bear Is Dangerous.   (FWS)
Bible Study Verse
I Peter 5:8
Be alert and of sober mind. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour. (NIV)
 
Thoughts
While I was hunting deer recently, a large black bear approached me. When he was still about 40 yds away, I leaned my muzzleloader against a tree and dug my camera out of my pack. 
 
When about 12 ft. from me, he began to circle, getting inside of 8 ft. At that point, I realized that I had moved several steps away from my gun. If he had wanted to attack, I would have been in trouble. I tried to scare him off, but he wasn't about to leave. Throwing sticks at him, shouting, suddenly raising my arms and trying to look as large and as intimidating as possible seemed to make him more interested. 
 
He studied me for almost five minutes. He had no fear; and I'm sure I could have moved closer--even close enough to touch him. Bear experts say that when a black bear attacks, it will approach very methodically, as if to size you up. In this case, he finally turned and walked slowly away.  (Steve S)

Action Point
When Satan approaches a believer, he is more dangerous than a black bear. He is looking for an opportunity to attack. He may circle or hang around for as long as he can. Keep your weapon handy; it's your best defense! The Word of God is more powerful than a two-edged sword. "For the word of God is alive and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart," Hebrews 4:12 (NIV). 

Interacting with evil is foolish and risky. Nothing good can come of it. Keep from evil by continually staying in touch with the Lord. Keep Him daily in your mind and heart; and keep His Word on your lips. The prayer that He taught His disciples says, "Deliver us from evil." So ask for His power to help you live in a way that pleases Him. It's your best protection against sin.

Sportsmen's Tip of the Day
Always assume a black bear is dangerous. In fact, any bear that is habituated to people is an especially dangerous bear. Don't feed a bear. Don't try to touch one. Back away slowly and place an obstacle--perhaps a tree or a vehicle--between you and the bear. If there are children present, stay between them and the bear. Never come between a mother bear and her cubs.