Wednesday, October 9, 2013












October 9, 2013   

Today's Photograph . . . . Just One Day Away And We Begin To "Lose It"  (MQ) 
Bible Study Verse
Romans 7:19-25
For the good that I will to do, I do not do; but the evil I will not to do, that I practice. Now if I do what I will not to do, it is no longer I who do it, but sin that dwells in me. I find then a law, that evil is present with me, the one who wills to do good. For I delight in the law of God according to the inward man. But I see another law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which is in my members. O wretched man that I am! Who will deliver me from this body of death? I thank God-through Jesus Christ our Lord! So then, with the mind I myself serve the law of God, but with the flesh the law of sin.
(NKJV)

Thoughts
A friend of mine recently wrote about how disappointing the first day of dove season was--clouds of dove in the air, but his poor shooting caused him to miss more than he hit. 

The skill of wing shooting is one that takes practice, practice, and more practice. Time spent in clays shooting helps develop the timing and proper lead necessary to hit the target. As they say, "If you don't use it, you lose it."
(Byron S)
Action Point
Paul wrote those words in Romans because he really knew who Jesus is and what it takes to stay in relationship with Him. It takes perseverance and walking daily with Him. Just one day away and we begin to "lose it." 

Make time to take time with Him every day, even if just for a few moments. This will keep your timing in good order and give you the proper Lead. Just follow Him.
Sportsmen's Tip of the Day
Clays shooting is inexpensive and fun for the whole family. For a few dollars you can buy a small "trap machine" that will allow you to throw targets just as they do at the shooting range. Being a club member at a local clays range can also offer a way to cut the cost of just going out to the range, as the rates are usually discounted.