Thursday, October 31, 2013

























October 30, 2013   

Today's Photograph . . . . Lifting Up Of The Thunderhead Builds Power  (Fred B) 
Bible Study Verse
Psalm 68:32-34
Sing to God, you kingdoms of the Earth; oh, sing praises to the Lord, Selah. To Him who rides on the Heaven of heavens, which were of old! Indeed, He sends out His voice, a mighty voice. Ascribe strength to God; His excellence is over Israel, and His strength is in the clouds. (NKJV)
 
Thoughts
Somehow, I think that David the shepherd penned the words of Psalm 68, as he watched powerful clouds in the skies over the Judean wilderness. He imagines the Messiah "who rides on the heaven of heavens," whose "strength is in the clouds." The future king of Israel even describes the thunder as "His voice, a mighty voice."
Meteorologists tell us that the power of a thunderstorm is directly proportional to the altitude of the clouds. The higher the clouds rise up, the more power is built up inside the storm. Lifting up yields storm power. Cloud formations like the one pictured above, over Siesta Key, FL, are called thunderheads.
In the same way, the more that the Word of God is lifted up in our hearts and lives, the more power God exercises over us. He is strong in us, when His Word is strong in us.
(Fred B)

Action Point
God's power and the power of His Word are intrinsic, built into His very nature. Because He is in me, His power is available to me. That strength in me is released, unleashed by Him, when I submit to and obey my Master's Words. There are amazing results:
  • As I lift Him up in my words and actions, the Holy Spirit glorifies the Son in me.  "He will glorify me, for He will take of what is Mine and declare it to you," John 16:14 (NKJV).
  • I realize the truth of John the Baptist's words, "He must increase, but I must decrease," John 3:30 (NKJV).
Then, when we humble ourselves, and lift Him up, others will be drawn to Him.

Sportsmen's Tip of The Day
As you hunt, fish or hike, watch the clouds to keep yourself safe from dangerous incoming weather--thunderstorms, lightening, heavy flat-line winds. Also, as you plan your hunts, remember that game activity (feeding and other travel-movement) is usually heavy before and after the front moves through. For making fishing plans, watch for rising or lowering barometric pressures, which will definitely affect your catch.