Monday, October 21, 2013













October 19, 2013   

Today's Photograph . . . . I Can Always Tell When My Focus Drifts From God  (Jimmy S)
Bible Study Verse
John 15:1-4
"I am the true Vine, and my Father is the Gardener.  He cuts off every branch in Me that bears no fruit, while every branch that does bear fruit He prunes so that it will be even more fruitful. You are already clean because of the word I have spoken to you.  Remain in Me, as I also remain in you. No branch can bear fruit by itself; it must remain in the vine. Neither can you bear fruit unless you remain in Me. (NIV)
 
Thoughts 
As I re-read this verse I have to admit that there are things in my life, branches, that need pruning. They bear no fruit. So I ask myself and maybe you should too: 
  • How is my tree doing? 
  • How can I be more fruitful? 
  • How can I be more of a benefit to God, to others and myself? 
Just sit back for a moment think about that. I can tell you I have several branches that are bearing no fruit. I think it's time to start pruning. Not sure where to start, ask God, the master Gardner!
(Jim C)

Action Point
I can always tell when my focus drifts from God. My life becomes cluttered, distracted and there is never enough time for anything.
 
Time to reorganize and re-evaluate. I have to do this from time to time. Why? As a human it's in my nature to be selfish. I sin! 
"God, please give me the strength and the resolve, to sit, relax and re focus on you. I'm on the path, I just can't see it clearly. I ask that you make my vision clear, straighten that path that leads to you. In your Son's name I pray . . . Amen."
Sportsmen's Tip of the Day
With another fishing season on the books, make sure you break down your equipment, strip off old line, check guides for cracks, loosen the drag on reels and store them away in a safe place. Next season, they will be ready to go, and so will you!