Sunday, May 25, 2014












May 23, 2014   

Today's Photograph . . . . Take Time To Find A Godly Man  (MQ) 
Bible Study Verse
Proverbs 27:17 
As iron sharpens iron, so one person sharpens another. (NIV)
 
Thoughts
What a great spot my son and I found - -a natural salt lick the deer were digging into. They would visit this spot daily and it was obvious that there were decent buck around. The most intriguing part of the scenario was the fact that, with many trails leading to the lick, there was not a tree within 50 yd for an archery stand. 
 
It was time for something different. We set up a ground blind within 30 yd of the lick in the thickest grass under a tree. We could see any deer that approached the lick from three directions. 
 
Wouldn't you know it - I looked over my son's shoulder only to see three does standing less than 10 yd away. They came in unexpectedly and silently from the 4th direction. They didn't stay long enough to get a shot, video or pictures, but what a memory of being so close. 
(Dennis W)

Action Point
The advent of the pop-up-ground blind has changed the way I look at things. I have enjoyed the best times setting in a ground blind with my sons. There we talk, at a whisper, laugh, think, and sometimes just sit. 
 
Guys love to be around one another while doing things; that's why some will get together and play cards and talk, others will go fishing, and talk, while others will work on a car and talk. The relationship that we have as men is important. 
 
Men need men to help them be their best. I can challenge my boys and I have found that my boys can challenge me. We talk about school, girls, life, God and, oh yeah, hunting. Every moment is special, and I want them to grow up remembering Dad's time, love and interest.

God also knows that the relationship we have with other men is important. Take time to find a godly man to be a piece of iron in your life to sharpen - improve - you.

Sportsmen's Tip of the Day
When setting up a ground blind, camouflage the blind with the vegetation that surrounds it. Cut sticks, leaves and limbs from the plants around the blind and camouflage the as well as possible. You will be able to see more animals than using the blind by itself.