Tuesday, May 6, 2014












May 6, 2014   

Today's Photograph . . . . God Can Work In Unusual Ways To Bring Blessings Through Us To Others  (MQ) 
Bible Study Verses
Hebrews 13:1-3 
Keep on loving one another as brothers and sisters. Do not forget to show hospitality to strangers, for by so doing some people have shown hospitality to angels without knowing it. Continue to remember those in prison as if you were together with them in prison, and those who are mistreated as if you yourselves were suffering. (NIV)
 
Thoughts
It's usually fun to meet a stranger in the woods. You're both hunting, so you instantly have something in common, something to talk about. I met one of my best friends under such circumstances. God brought us together in the middle of the Arizona outback thirty years ago. We're still hunting together, and now our boys hunt together! What a blessing from God!

God can work in unusual ways to bring blessings to us. A few days ago something very different happened when I met a stranger. It was late afternoon and I was checking out of the local hardware store (almost as dangerous a place for me as the local Sportsman's Warehouse outdoors store) and I spoke to the check-out lady, called her by name, Natalia, the name on her nametag. She immediately looked up, smiled, and almost cried. 
 
Natalia told me that I was the first person all day who had called her by her name. She thanked me; and I thought, what if I hadn't extended that little act of courtesy and kindness? Natalia might have gone home that evening believing that nobody saw her or cared about her, and that would be tragic. 
 
Again, I was blessed, not for what I had done, but for the lesson that I had learned about paying attention to people around me. Who knows, maybe Natalia was an angel sent by God to see if I was really paying attention to those folks I see in my daily routines. 
(Cliff S)

Action Point
Be observant of people around you, take note of them; be kind to them. They may have a special need that you can help meet, and by so doing have an opportunity to share Jesus with them.

Sportsmen's Tip of the Day
When you see somebody broke down in the woods, stop and offer assistance. It just might be a life-threatening situation.