Monday, May 12, 2014













May 8, 2014   

Today's Photograph . . . . Spending Time In The Outdoors Revives My Soul  (Jimmy S)
Bible Study Verse
Psalm 19:7
The law of the Lord is perfect, converting the soul; the testimony of the Lord is sure, making wise the simple. (NKJV)
 
Thoughts
Just like everyone else, I have my good and bad days. There are days on the job when everything works out fine; and days when I think that I seriously need to rethink my career choice. 
 
However, when I am in the field or on the water, there is a much different perspective - almost as if my battery were being recharged. I need to be out and away from what is required of me and spend a short time enjoying what I love to do. 
 
Spending time in the outdoors revives my soul. When a bass grabs a top water lure, a big pike comes from out of nowhere and crushes a bucktail, or a goose locks its wings and responds to a call - those are some of the things that keep me going. (Jim C)

Action Point
Occasionally, when I have something on my mind that is of concern to me, I will flip through the Bible and ask God to "hit" me with something. As a matter of fact, that is exactly how I came across this verse. I asked, and God responded.
Outdoor activities, including fishing, hunting, shooting and camping, are some of the ways to recharge our batteries. In much the same way, I enjoy reading in the Psalms or Proverbs to revive my soul. 

The Law of the Lord is perfect, and it completely fascinates me. When something weighs heavy on my heart, I can go to Him with it and be revived to continue, to press on and endure.

Sportsmen's Tip of the Day
In the last couple of years, I have made it a point to take a few minutes while fishing or hunting to enjoy the moment - really look at what's around you and feel what you're doing. Sometimes the sense of awe that you feel is the memory you will take with you from that day. It will revive your soul.